Electrical Outlet Repairs and Installation Dayton

Residential and Commercial Electrical Outlet Services in Dayton, OH

Don’t fall flat at the finish line. It doesn’t matter how well your property is wired if your outlets aren’t up to snuff. It’s an easy element to overlook, particularly during big projects with multiple contractors and sub-contractors.

There are many wrong ways to install an outlet, and typically only one right away. An improperly installed outlet will likely be ineffective, and can potentially become a shock or fire hazard.

According to the U.S. Fire Administration, around 24,000 electrical fires occur annually, of which 5,300 are attributed to overloaded electrical outlets.

It’s not worth the risk. Get it right the first time. Hire the experts at Andrew Casey Electrical Contractors!

Damaged Power Outlet Replacement and Repair

Even if your outlet is already installed, there may still be work to do. Wiring a property is a complex and multifaceted process. Ideally, each step in the process is undertaken with due care and expertise

However, this isn’t always the case, and the consequences can be severe. Defective parts and faulty installation can lead to wiring that is not only ineffective but dangerous. In addition, wear and tear will naturally accumulate over time, potentially leading to electrical arcing, overheating, and electrical overload.

If you are concerned that your outlet may require repair or replacement, we recommend monitoring for the following warning signs:

  • Outlet is not working. There are a number of reasons an outlet won’t provide current, and the consequences could go beyond simple inconvenience. It could be an indication of a deeper and more serious problem with your home’s electrical installation.
  • Burn marks or melting. If you spot blemishes, discoloration or melting near an outlet, this is indication of short-circuiting or sparking. Do not use this outlet again. Get a professional on the job as soon as possible!
  • Smoking or sparking. This one might seem obvious, but just to make it clear, outlets should not be sparking or smoking! If this is happening, contact a qualified electrician immediately and do not use the outlet until the issue has been resolved.
  • Hot to the touch. A properly wired outlet will not conduct heat to the cover plate. If your outlet is hot to the touch, this indicates the wiring is damaged or improperly installed. This represents a serious risk for an electrical fire.
  • Buzzing or popping sounds. Faulty outlets can produce buzzing or popping sounds. This is a product of electrical arcing. You should not use the outlet until a professional has addressed the issue.
  • Cracks and chips. The surface around an outlet should be well sealed. Openings allow dust and other particles to collect in the outlet’s interior space. This material can act as kindling for an electrical arc.
    Flickering power. An inconsistent power supply can indicate that the outlet is damaged or outdated. This can lead to serious accidents, along with damage to personal belongings plugged into the outlet.
  • Loose plugs. If your plugs tend to fall out, this can cause wear and tear on the outlet over time. Eventually this lead to sparking and electrical arcing. Loose outlets should be replaced before this becomes a problem.

Have you noticed any of these warning signs? When it comes to electrical wiring, a small problem today will become a much bigger one down the road. Be proactive.

Our licensed electricians are here to help. Professional service, reliable results. Choose Andrew Casey Electric. Give us a call today!